Monday, July 30, 2012

Boccaccio Station 3: Food for delight

I love discovering places where to find delicious dishes are. For some time, when I get disappointed, I used to comfort myself with delicious, satisfying food and sweets. I know it's not a good hobby so I control myself from doing it. But to give myself a reward, I treat myself once in a while and dine in a fine place that serves my cravings for the day. Thus, what it makes more delicious is when every time I get it for FREE by using the "hello mama" system!  :)


Here are some of my favorite food for delight!
                                                                                                                                                                                               










                         







Ooops! I'm sorry if I made you crave for these. But you can surely rush now to your phones and call a delivery service for your instant pasta and pizza!

And as you wait for your food to come, do you know that during Boccaccio's time, in 1300's, pastas had the great role to do during the voyages of the explorers? Yes. According to some articles I've found, in the form of "dried pasta" as they call, it was very popular for its nutrition and long shelf life, making it ideal for long ship voyages. Pasta made it around the globe during the voyages of discovery a century later. By that time different shapes of pasta have appeared and new technology made pasta easier to make. With these innovations pasta truly became a part of Italian life. However the next big advancement in the history of pasta would not come until the 19th century when pasta met tomatoes.
(http://www.lifeinitaly.com/food/pasta-history.asp)

TRIVIA!!!

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY SHAPES OF PASTA WERE INVENTED?

There are roughly 350 different shapes and varieties of dried pasta in Italy, even more counting regional differences. Shapes range from simple tubes to bow ties (farfalle, which actually means "butterfly"), to unique shapes like tennis rackets (racchette). Many, but not all of these types are usually available wherever pasta is made. By Italian law dried pasta must be made with 100% durum semolina flour and water, a practice that all but the worst quality pasta makers worldwide have since adhered to. However there are two factors in dried pasta from Italy that make it typically better than most other products: extrusion and drying methods.









HAVE A YUMMY DAY ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment